Friday, September 30, 2011

14 Weeks Post Op (Weigh In and Update on My Grandma)

I'm so happy to say that I've dropped a few more pounds since last Thursday. I'm officially down to 214 pounds. That's a total of 66 pounds lost. Let's see, I passed up my 3 month goal before I hit 3 months and I'm almost to my 6 month goal....I'm just past 3 months now....wow! My 6 month goal is to lose 50% of my excess weight which is 75 pounds. I have 9 more pounds to go! Can you believe it? I can't! This is one of the best things I've ever done for myself and if you're still sitting pretty on the fence and are not sure what to do, I'll tell you...of course, it's a decision you have to make for yourself but I would do it all over again knowing what I know now. It hasn't been easy but it has been a lot easier than trying to lose it on my own. I still have to make wise decisions when it comes to what passes over my tongue...right? And I have to remember to eat...this is a big one because my appetite is still very low. That's good but I don't want to lose all my hair or starve myself either. Oh...and I still have times where I fight my brain off of the food! You know what I mean! I'm usually not hungry but emotions can and will fly at times and my brain starts sending those horrible signals to who knows where but it makes me want to eat things that I definitely shouldn't... considering that I'm trying to lose weight. But you know what, sometimes I still have them....see.....



 Just kidding!!! Oh please don't scold me for that one....I just wanted the shock factor. he he

No....now this is what I had when the family had the Big Blue floats. It looks like a lot because the picture is huge but that is a 4 ounce little jar and it's just a little over half full. And I didn't eat it all!


I never made it to my 3 month check up so I don't have an update for you from the doctor. They called me that morning and had to cancel it because I was scheduled with the nurse practitioner and she called in sick. So, I now have it rescheduled for this next Monday and I will actually get to see my surgeon. Hopefully, he's just as excited over my weight loss as I am. And hopefully, my blood test will come out okay. I'm a little worried because I've constantly been exhausted, no matter how much sleep I get, over the last month, month and a half. So, we'll see!

Oh, I'm not sure if I mentioned in a past post that my hubby took pictures of me. When I looked at them I was devastated! Needless to say, I sure wasn't going to post them on here. I still looked just as fat as before! He assured me that the pictures didn't reflect a true image of what I really look like now. I told him pictures don't lie! Then I put the pictures on the computer and low and behold, I looked super short! I realized that when he was taking the pictures that he stood really close and was looking almost down at me. He's over 6 foot tall and I'm only 5'4". So it made me look very short (squished!) and super fat! So eventually I will have him take the pictures again but I haven't been ready again because I'm afraid of what the outcome will be this time.

Since my grandmother has been sick and in the hospital, I've stopped writing everything down....yes, again! I just decided to try to do my best at making sure that I was getting in my protein and plenty of water. I was short sometimes but I couldn't help it. It has been incredibly crazy over the past 3 weeks! I ran here and there...hospital, appointments, practices, homeschooling my son (Yes, if I haven't mentioned that, I do homeschool my son and it's a full time job.), and hospital again...and more running here and there! Sometimes life is so unpredictable and you just have to do what you have to do.

My grandmother? Well, at the beginning of this week, we all thought she was going to die. I've never seen anyone in the state that she was in. I went into CCU to see her and she was moaning. Constantly saying, "ohhhhhh....ohhhhhh". It broke my heart! Her eyes were glazed over and her head would thrash back and forth. She wouldn't respond at all except she would stop for just a second and look at me when I'd say, "Grandma" really loud. For just that second, I'd think she was going to respond but then she would go right back to her thrashing and moaning. The doctors wouldn't even give us a glimpse of an outlook. I think they thought she might not make it either.

Then, Monday night, all the sudden, she snapped out of it somewhat. God's divine intervention! She was responding and talking a little bit but not making any sense. Then as the days past, she got a little better and then a lot better. Now, she still has a very weak heart that still needs attention. And her kidneys are still not working. She's having to go through dialysis about every other day. These things are still very scary and very real to us but we'll take one day at a time. But they did move her into a step down room from CCU and now we can actually stay in her room with her all the time. So there's another huge improvement. I went to the hospital on Wednesday and she was joking around and letting the nurses have it when she thought necessary. lol She told the cardiologist, which by the way had seen her a ton of times but of course she didn't remember...but anyways, she told him when he walked in that if he was a doctor that he could come talk to her but if he was a priest, that she didn't need him anymore! Ha! I love it! Even the doctor committed that this was the first time he'd heard her talk so much and make sense. They also took her heart pump out and placed a feeding tube last week. Now, they have removed the feeding tube and she can eat or drink whatever she wants. No limits right now! She wanted to get out of bed and walk but they had put a temporary port on her legs for the dialysis and it made it impossible for her to get up. So they plan on removing that and putting it on her neck. They are a little concerned about removing it because of the medications she takes that thin her blood so much. They don't want her to bleed to death. Anyways, she has a long way to go but I'm so excited about her turn-around this week. I was totally shocked! Thank you all for your prayers and please keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment