Friday, September 9, 2011

Pictures of My Stomach

Hey all! First, I want to say that this post may be a little bit disturbing and not for the weak at heart. I'll tell you that looking at it actually makes me a little squeamish ... mainly because that was my stomach they took out. 

Yesterday, someone on www.verticalsleevetalk.com asked if anyone was allowed to see their stomach after surgery. Well, I don't remember exactly but I think that most of the replies were a "NO"! But there were some that talked about maybe asking for a picture. Well, I didn't have to ask, my surgeon gave my husband pictures of my insides before I ever came out of recovery. Wow! I'm glad that I didn't mind him seeing that blob of mess! Ha!

Anyways, on with the pictures. I think that I mentioned in a past post that my surgeon also found a hiatal hernia..."..a rather large one," he said! Which explains horrible pains that felt like a heart attack for the last 18 years that no doctor could diagnose. Now, I will be honest with you, I can't make heads or tails of that particular set of pictures. Maybe you can. I can see the repair on the last picture but the others...well, take a look for yourself.


Here's the pictures of my hiatal hernia and it's repair:



Here's pictures of my sleeve and the larger part of my stomach that they removed:


No comments:

Post a Comment