Saturday, September 10, 2011

Good Grief...What have I been doing?

Good Morning! Well, if you read yesterday's post, you know that I had some changes to make. One of them was to start logging my protein, carbs, and calories again. It's been well over a month since I've last done this! That's not good and I needed my hand slapped a month ago!

So today is Saturday and the morning is kind of a slow one. Good thing because I had time to go dig out an old column pad book that you would normally use for recording some type of budget. I'll use this for a while because it has columns and lots of lines to record what I'm eating. 

Anyways, so far this is what I've recorded:

2 Calcium Citrate Chewables (Lemon)     0 protein/6 carbs/30 calories
8 oz. regular coffee                                    0 protein/0 carbs/0 calories
2 tsp. Coffee Mate Creamer                      0 protein/2 carbs/20 calories
1 tbsp. sugar                                               0 protein/12 carbs/48 calories

TOTAL                                                       0 PROTEIN   /   26 CARBS   /   128 CALORIES


Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Oh my goodness! Look at those carbs! I haven't even eaten breakfast yet and I will have almost consumed my days worth of carbs. Let's see, a days worth is 30-40 grams. Wow! Well, guess what, I'm not going to drink my coffee today! Whaaaaaaa! And it's setting right here sending it's wonderful aromas my way. Do you realize....or do I realize that I've been doing this terrible routine since I was last recording my food intake? I convinced myself that it was only 1 tbsp. of sugar...how bad could it be? See, not recording what you're eating...or plain not paying attention could get you into some serious default of diet. I'm so glad I didn't wait another 3 or 4 months to figure this out. Now, maybe my weight loss will speed up a bit. 

Well, the days not over with yet. I still have 3 meals to record. I may be back on here telling on myself again. lol Hopefully I don't get a massive case of the grumps. No wonder I enjoy my coffee so much! This has to stop now!

4 comments:

  1. Use a sweetener like stevia or truvia in place of it and you can still enjoy your morning coffee. No reason to give it up completely... I know that I had this surgery so I wouldn't have to diet anymore! A coffee (with sweetener) isn't going to make the difference between success or not! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheryl! You're right! It's just so hard to go from sugar to something not as sweet. After I posted in my blog this morning, I decided to have coffee but without anything in it. I think tomorrow I will try the stevia...I have some of that on hand.

    Thanks for the encouragement! And you're right about making or breaking it. I have to remember that I didn't gain all my weight by one single thing but instead, all those little and big things put together. I don't want to feel like I'm on a diet constantly. That will only frustrate me! Everyone knows I don't need that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as it is a pain to log your food, I have to do it myself to hold myself accountable every single day. I am not a coffee drinker so I am no help to what else you could try maybe another sweetner, I use a lot of no calorie sweetners when I need some "sugar" in something, now I have become use to the taste and like it. Carbs are my downfall too, even on "good" healthy foods I go over on my carbs. Trying all the time to find healthier alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah for your encouragement! Yes, I've tried lots of artificial sweetners, too. Some taste fine, some don't. The problem for me is that if I get too much of the artificial sweetner in my system, I get really bad dull achy headaches that last for a week or so even after I stop them. I have no idea why. I've been going through this for the last week or so because I used drinks like Crystal Light on going for a good week or two. I did try Stevia yesterday with my coffee and I think that may help since it is natural.

    ReplyDelete