Monday, September 5, 2011

NIV's So Far!

This has definitely been an interesting journey so far. I have definitely had my share of ups and downs (not just my weight). It always seems that as I'm in the mist of feeling like, gosh, this just isn't working out for me, something happens to change my mind. I've given myself lots of pep talks and I've had cries in the mist of many frustrations. Yes, sometimes everything seems like it's going at a snail's pace but when I look back over the last 3-4 months, it feels like it has just flown by. I've now lost a total of 55 lbs. and that puts me at 225. That's less than what I weighed after giving birth to my son 8 years ago. So I suppose I could caught that as one NIV.

A few things that have happened over the last couple of weeks makes me almost believe that my looks are starting to change. When I look in the mirror, I still see a large person but my face has more definition. I can see my jaw bone. I can see some definition in my neck. So there's another couple of NIVs.

I have 2 sister-in-laws. One that I see pretty often and am so incredibly close to. She is my sis! Her and I think just alike. She's one of the most thoughtful and caring people that I know. I love her to pieces! Anyways, I picked her youngest son up from school about a week ago and kidnapped him for the weekend. At one point over the weekend, she came by and got so excited about my weight loss. She said I was looking so cute and ran her hands up and down my sides because they had thinned out so much. I was so excited! She made my day!...My week!!!! She told me that she could really see a difference. Wow! So this is really working! Awesome! Another NIV.

My other sister-in-law which I love also but I'm not as close to because she lives a couple of hours away and we just never see each other much. But I did get to see her yesterday. This was the first time since Christmas that I've seen her. She told me that she could tell that I'd lost a lot of weight and wanted to know what I'd been doing. I never told her that I had surgery and made the ones that knew keep hush, hush about it. Now?!!... I don't care who knows for the most part. So, I told her. She was in shock! But very supportive and told me that she thought I was a very brave person for doing it. That made me feel great! Another NIV!

My clothes are definitely getting too big on me. I've already gone down a couple of sizes in my shirts. My jeans? Ummmm...well, they are really super baggy and I can now get down into the next size. The next size is a 22w. That size fits fine but I like my jeans a little lose so I have still been wearing my 24w....which are a lot lose. HA! I love it! Another NIV!

This weekend I was going through some boxes in the garage that are full of old SMALL clothes and for once, it didn't depress me. I was excited because I knew that there was a big chance that I would be able to fit into a lot, if not all, by next summer...or sooner! Did I say that I love my sleeve?

No comments:

Post a Comment