Thursday, September 15, 2011

12 Weeks Post Op (Weekly Weigh In and Making Wise Choices)

Good Evening! So last week I realized that I wasn't doing all that I could be doing to ensure success. So since then I've started logging my daily intake and trying oh so hard to eat and drink what's right. I'm really finding that it is so hard to find foods that have absolutely no carbs unless you eat strictly meat. Milk even has carbs! I have to really pay attention to what's going into my mouth. I find this very frustrating at times but well worth it! And by the way, I haven't been perfect but I'm still losing!

I'm struggling with being sick of meats. I've eaten so many of the same things over and over again that I'm just disgusted by it, whatever IT is. I've even got my husband eating things..like fish...that he wouldn't even consider before because we need to clear some space in the freezer. So someone has to eat what's left and so you know who gets the brunt of all this. lol He's a good sport with a little bit of groaning around the edges. My son will eat almost anything so I don't have to force him. Thank goodness!

So, my weight? Yes, I've lost more! YaY! I'm now down to 220. This is an additional 5 lb. loss since the last time I reported. So my total weight loss now is 60 lbs. WoW!!! I know that there's no way that I could have done this on my own and kept it off. And not to mention, so quickly!

If you've just had surgery or are contemplating it, be encouraged that this does work. I don't have to force myself to stop eating and for the most part, most of the time I'm not hungry at all and I have to remind myself to eat. Before surgery, I was the complete opposite.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on your success so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! I just read your last post on your blog. You've come so far and you should definitely be proud. Hang in there! I know that sometimes my weight seems to creep off very slowly and it's so frustrating but as long as it continues to come off, it'll be okay. And I know how it feels to have the other kids make fun of me. It's very overwhelming and no one deserves that. It does greatly affect who we become and how we feel about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your raging success!
    I highly recommend looking at the recipe section on BariatricEating.com - they have some awesome ones there, and the ones I've tried have been super easy and fast, and my husband has loved them too.
    Beth M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beth! Yes, I will definitely go check that website out. I need super easy and fast!

    ReplyDelete