Friday, September 9, 2011

Time to Buckle Down!

Well, my friends, I have to say that I've not done all I could to make sure I'm on top of things. This has left me feeling totaling out of control of my weight loss and in the mist of total chaos! As far as food, I've still tried my best to stick with what I'm suppose to be eating. I eat mostly protein and drink lots of water! I take all of my vitamins and my acid reducer. I kind of count my protein and water in my head as I go...that being said...that's scary enough on it's own, counting on my brain to keep track of it all! Also, I've been doing my physical therapy for my hip joint and it's been working wonders but....yes, there's a but....I come home and don't always continue to do the exercises. What's wrong with me???? I wish I knew! Where's my motivation? 

I decided to take my "Weight Log" out that I haven't been using and try to record when I lost the weight and how much. Ugh! This was no easy task! I went back through my blog trying to find dates and amounts. I found most of them but it was confusing and would have been much easier if I'd just weighed and recorded once a week, not just sporadically. I even missed out on blogging my last 4 pounds lost. I blogged about the fact that I was down to 225 but completely missed the boat on noting that those 4 lbs. were gone and when in the world that I actually lost them. Slap my hand! Good grief!!! That just frustrates me more than anything.

So, how will I change all this chaos? For starters, since my surgery was on a Thursday, I will start making that my official weigh in day and for goodness sakes, I will record what the scale says. Then, I can come here and announce my losses or my stand stills. Either way, at least I can look back and see how far I've come.

Also, starting tomorrow, I will record my protein, carbs, and calories on paper. Then maybe, if it's not to cumbersome, I will record my intake on my blog. I don't know! That will be a lot of recording and I might get frustrated writing it down and then typing it all out. I've never been good at that and that was one thing in the past while dieting that I didn't like at all. It will be hard enough for me to record everything on paper but now, I see the need for it. And I think it will keep me on track as far as making positively sure that I'm getting all my protein and water....and staying on the low side of the carbs. Also, I want to make sure that my intake of calories is somewhere between 600-1000. I think I've been coming up on the short end and my body probably thinks I'm starving myself.

And....And...this is the hardest for me....to try to do the exercises my physical therapist has assigned me. AND to start using my treadmill or getting out sometime during the day to walk, ride my son's pedal car, or to go swimming in our neighborhood pool. This is a goal for me to shoot for! I've always hated exercising and to be honest, I just don't want to do it. But between the cortisone shot and the physical therapy, I know it's helping my hip. There's such a difference! I've been almost pain free for over a month now! That's a miracle in itself.

So, this is where I'm at! I will get up tomorrow morning and pep talk myself about all of this again. Hopefully I will stick to my guns! Since I'm blogging this, I feel like I have to do what I'm saying I will do. So maybe I'll have all kinds of things to blog about over the next couple of weeks.

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't know you and vice versa but you reached out to help me with the book and stuff so here it is....I need you to keep doing good so that you can continue to help me as I approach surgery. I feel that if you are helping me then at some point in my journey I will be able to pay it forward. So please, for yourself, your family, your sleeve and for me....GET ON THAT TREADMILL. Have a good day!. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy! I need someone to tell me to just do it and that I'm being watched! lol See, now I have to because I don't want to let anyone down....including myself. Oh boy! lol

    Tell me again when your surgery is. I can't wait to see how you're doing. I'm sure you will be successful! Let's definitely keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, if you're reading this, I tried to comment on your blog but I don't think it took it. Let me know. Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey penpen...I have no idea what I am doing on this blog thing. I will check to see if your post is there. I am sooooo glad you posted your morning intake....of course I haven't had the nutrition class yet so I am sure I will learn all about this but wow...I had no idea that we should be so detailed. My surgery is supposed to be on November 9th, but haven't got the approval yet. For some reason things are slowing down here...will get back on it though. Again, thanks for posting. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Judy! To be honest, I don't really know how detailed I'm supposed to be. I just want to get a handle on my intake. I need to know how much is going in and not take the oblivious route...that will get me in trouble. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have an android phone or iphone? You can simply get an app like MyFItnessPal or SparkPeople and pop everything that goes in your mouth on there, it is easy as pie and no math involved. If you don't have a phone that would work with apps, they do have the same thing on their websites. They do reports, predictions and encouragment with these diaries.

    Would probably be helpful! Good luck, I get sleeved on Sept. 20th...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Tsa! My husband's been telling me the same thing. I just read your comment to him and he snarled at me and said that he downloaded something for me since my surgery. Ha! Maybe I should go try to find the app.

    I'm so excited for you upcoming surgery! Come back afterwards and let me know how you are doing! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY recommend MyFitnessPal. It's a lot of work the first few days to enter what you're eating, but it lets you scan barcodes which helps a lot - you don't have to search for everything, you can just scan the barcode on that container of greek yogurt or whatever, and usually it pops right up, then you can adjust the serving to reflect what you're consuming. Once you've entered things for about a week it starts to get a lot easier because if you're like me you eat the same things more or less over the course of a week, so they're in your recently used list. You can even enter in recipes and have it figure out the stats. And for those things that are too tedious to enter on a smart phone, there's a website version you can use that syncs with your phone. It keeps track of protein, carbs, calories, and you can track your weight and workouts too! I really enjoy your blog!! You'll get back on track in a flash... :-)

    --Beth M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Beth! I'll take a look at that. That sounds like a really neat app...with the bar code scans and recipe input. I did download the Calorie Count app on my iPhone and I liked it at first. Then I added something to my log that was wrong and now I can't seem to get it off of there. So I went back to my actual book log. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete