Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Back!

Hi everyone! I'm finally back to a somewhat normal routine...I hope! This hasn't been easy. I had surgery June 23rd and everything went wonderfully. I appreciate all the prayers and encouragement. And I'm sorry I'm just now posting. I really wanted to blog about my experiences thus far, I just haven't felt like jumping on this computer. So I think I will do this over the coming days because boy, I feel like I have a lot to talk about. Ha! :)

So now that everyone knows that the last thing I felt like doing over the course of the last 12 days was blogging, I'll share with you some of the feelings that have risen their ugly heads. lol My spirits have been really up at times and then I find myself in tears other times for different reasons. Sometimes, it's just the lack of energy. That's hard to swallow! I've never had a problem with energy, atleast not for this long. Sometimes, it's the frustration of having to have ANOTHER protein shake and thinking that I can't stand to take in another ounce of the stuff. It's pretty bad when your skin and well, everything smells like protein. Ugh! Sometimes, it's the fact that I wanted to eat my soups whole with chunks, not pureed to pure liquid. I had a night were I stood over the stove heating up what used to be whole raviolis and thinking it looks like baby food. I was in tears because I was having to eat that way. I knew this before hand. I read all about it. I was okay with it. I knew that it was for a short time span. But when you're in the mist of it, your emotions take control and sometimes you just have a meltdown. Sometimes, I just don't know why I'm feeling so blue. 

All I know, is that this is life changing and you don't, or at least I didn't change overnight. It's an ongoing process. I tried to prepare myself for what was to come but honestly, you can read books, forums, and such until the cows come home but there's just no preparing yourself for the emotional roll coaster and the lack of energy. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad that I had this done and I've gotten as far as I have. It's just hard to hear people talk about how they had the surgery and within a few days they were bouncing around the house and weren't putting the breaks on. I'm very happy for anyone that this has truly happened to but for me, that was not my reality. It's not easy and life is forever changed!

I'm still very excited about what's to come and I thank the Lord that I'm still on this green earth to start this new life. I'm thankful that I was able to take advantage of this surgery. I'm thankful for my health!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I hope everything is settling down for you now and there are so more ups than downs.
    I have started my strict diet to get ready for the operation, my goodness it is really testing me but I am sure I will be successful. 26 days till my new life starts! Keep blogging when you get the chance I am keeping up with what I should expect once I have been sleeved. God bless you.
    Roslyn from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roslyn! Australia? Wow! I didn't realize. You are so far away. Well, I'm sending you a big "HUG" from across the ocean. You can do this! You have to do this for yourself. The strict pre-op diet is hard but it could be the difference between a really safe and quick surgery or a risky one. Just remember why you are doing this. It's so worth it! I'm finally starting to get used to the new way of eating and it's paying off. My weight seems to fall off in chucks...then it stops for a while...then it starts falling off again.

    Thank you for reading my blog and yes, I will continue to update it. Just know that if you leave me a comment...I will respond back to you through the comments.

    Hang in there! Keep on smiling! Life will continue to get better and better as you forge through this. And just remember that at the beginning...after surgery...it's very hard and emotionally draining but it does get better.

    ReplyDelete