Friday, July 8, 2011

Surgery and Hospital Stay (Part 2)

So, once we were in pre-op, the anesthesiologist came in and put my IVs in with out a hitch. I one in each arm. Then my surgeon came in. We talked for a couple of minutes and I voiced one of my fears. I told him that I was afraid that when I woke up, I would panic because I wouldn't be able to get anything down. He said in that case, he thought he'd do a size 34 bougie on me but thought I'd do fine with a size 32. He explained that that was my decision to make and he'd come back in a few minutes and we'd talk again. My husband and I talked for just a minute and I decided that the smaller it was, the more likely it would be that I would be able to keep my weight off years down the line. Though, I don't think there's a big difference in a size 32 and 34. Maybe the doc just thought it would ease my fears if I thought I'd have some wiggle room. I don't know. Anyways, when my doc came back, I told him a size 32 would be fine and that's about all I remember before surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment