Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Today is my baby's 8th birthday!

I love my birthday boy so much and am so thankful that God blessed us with him 8 years ago. He's the best!

Today, we got up bright and early! I took him to get his favorite all time treat, donuts! Of course, I didn't have any but let me tell you, I wanted them. Then I took him to buy a new video game with some of his birthday money. He was so excited! After that, him and I went to the local bounce house and boy, did he burn off those donuts! Ha! We had a lot of fun and I was so thankful that I got to enjoy the day with him.

I had to be back home by 12-1pm to drink my calcium citrate (laxative). Yes, lots of fun! Yeah right! But my son got to play his new game during the afternoon while I packed his and my bag. He's staying with his grandparents for the next 2 or 3 days.
Tonight my husband came home and took him out to ride go-carts and eat. Then he'll be on his way to visit the grandparents. I was so sad when he left. I felt like I would never see him again...as if I would never return. Is that normal to feel that way right before a surgery? Gee, I don't know but it's not a good feeling. I was also sad because we didn't get to celebrate his birthday together as a family. Well, okay that's not true. We celebrated Friday and Saturday with a big day at Celebration Station. Then Sunday, he had a family birthday party at his grandparents. Then Monday, my sister-in-law and my nephews came over to swim...not really birthday celebration but we all spent time together. Then yesterday, my family came to have another birthday party. So, okay....I'm not quite sure what I feeling right now. Emotions are everywhere again! Maybe I'm just sad because I know tomorrow is a big and scary day and I'm feeling as though I'm saying my final goodbyes. All I know, is that I just wish I could get this over with right now so I'd know what's on the other side. I'm sure I will be fine but then, once again, there's the unknown.

Pray for me!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! Everything will go great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl! I'm sure that you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been in my prayers! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Big Easy, we did have a lot of fun! Him and his little friend had so much fun soaking Daddy!

    Sandy, thank you for your prayers. I'm doing great now. It's been real hard but I'm slowly coming around.

    ReplyDelete