Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week 9, Post Op

Not much has changed lately, so not much to update. I'm stalled out again at a steady 230 lbs. This has been the same since I last posted. Ugh! Sigh! But I'm hoping that this stall breaks really soon. I hope it doesn't take 4 weeks like the last one. It's kind of funny that when the weight is coming off in leaps and bounds, I'm so excited and I have a great outlook at things. I stop and reflect! I give myself this pep talk about how things weren't so bad. That this is a process and it just takes time. Ha! So true but I don't like the parts of the process were everything comes to a screeching stop. It's just so frustrating! I know the scale will move again....I just don't want to wait!

On another note, I started my physical therapy for my hip yesterday. I didn't think it was so bad. My therapist told me that I was going to be really sore in my hip areas. I left there thinking, naaaaaa....it really wasn't that bad. Oh my goodness, I am so sore today. I really didn't know that I had these particular muscles around my hips. This is amazing! It's a good kind of sore. He sent me home with a few exercises that I have to do twice a day. I will go see him twice a week for the next 4 weeks and if all works out, I won't have to go back after that. What this will do for me is strengthen my muscles around my hips so that I'm not so weak there and so that hopefully the pain I've had for years won't be quite so bad. I will say that the cortisone shot I got about 2 weeks ago is working wonderfully. I have a little bit of break through pain depending on what I'm doing but for the most part the pain is about 95% gone. I think this helped tremendously at physical therapy. It would have been torture if I had not had the shot.

Also, a word of encouragement for all of us sleevers or soon to be sleevers. While I waited for my turn at physical therapy, the lady behind the front desk came out and sat next me. I was kind of shocked at first but then she said that she saw on my paperwork that I had just had the sleeve surgery done. She said that she has a friend that had it done back in February....so it's been about 6 months for her. Her friend has lost over 100 lbs. She needed to lose around 140 lbs. by the time it's all said and done. She pulled her iPhone out and started pulling pictures up of her sleeved friend. Wow! She looked great! There was definitely a huge difference. She almost looked like a totally new person. That made me feel great for her and also for my future. I told her I was in another stall and she said her friend goes through them too but she keeps on losing.

I hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Hi PenPen,
    I love reading your posts, they are so uplifting:)
    I hope your hip continues to make good progress and your weight starts to plummet again. I have only 11 days to go now till I am sleeved, I have managed to lose 8kgs (17.6lb)in 19 days and I feel fantastic. I will send you another post next week before I disappear to hospital, I dont have a computer at home so I will be missing updates on your progress but will soon be back at work once more.
    I am staying strong, I am trying not to let those delicious aromas get me down at parties.
    So glad to read your scars have healed well and you are feeling so much better, keep up the good fight. God bless you.
    Roslyn - Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the hard work. it will pay off i just know it. thanks again for being so free with the information. it really makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning! Ahhhh...Roslyn, you are so sweet. I'm so glad that you enjoy my post. And thank you for the encouragement on my hip and my incisions. I hope it continues to get better also.

    Wow!!!! You've lost 18 lbs. That is wonderfully awesome! It's hard to do what's right but look at those results. You're doing great! Keep up the hard work!

    And yes, please send me another post before your surgery. I will be praying for you. So, is your surgery on Sept. 5? I will be eagerly awaiting your return so I can hear how you are doing.

    A future of thinness seems to be in our path. I can't wait.

    God bless you, too! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous! Sorry, I'm not sure of your name. Thank you so much for the encouragement. Boy, I seem to need it at times. And you're welcome! It tickles me that others, like yourself, are feeling encouraged by reading my post. And yes, I think everything that we are going through will have a wonderful payoff.

    Thanks so much for reading my blog. And many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete