Friday, August 26, 2011

The Scale Moved....

First of all, good morning! I've glazed into that silly scale many, many times without a single movement. How frustrating! It actually put me in a foul mood yesterday and I told my husband that I felt like a was on an extreme period. You know Honey, hormones! Sorry for being such a bear! Funny thing is....this morning THE SCALE MOVED. All the sudden the AKA hormones disappeared. I felt great! I needed one of those mood rings. I bet it would have gone from a cold dark color to a very bright, beautiful warm color. lol I jumped on that silly scale, looked, jumped off. Then again! And then again for the third time but this time I had my husband take a look because I had morning eyes that just didn't want to wake up. 

The scale moved!

Now, do you want to know what the scale said? You'll laugh at me! It went down a whole pound! Yes, ONE POUND. That's what I got so excited about. That's what it took to get me out of the funky mood! What is wrong with me? Ha! I think I've literally lost my marbles! This weight should not determine my mood....see, here I go with the pep talk to self. Well, it is what it is! And I'm so happy that the scale didn't go up one pound....and my husband, I'm sure, thanks his lucky stars that that scale didn't go up especially when it has such a profound influence on the way I feel. I know, plain SILLY!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on that pound! Isn't it sad how we let that stupid scale ruin our moods? My husband laughs at me too when I get mad at the scale saying I am up a pound or it's not moving, he reminds me all the time it's going to go up and down just keep doing what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! And your husband is so right about the up and down movement on that old scale. But it doesn't mean that we have to like it. lol My husband's always telling me that there's no way I won't lose the weight and that the scale will move soon. I love how our men cheer us on! Every time the scale does go down...no matter how big or small the amount...my husband is just as excited as I am.

    ReplyDelete