Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Weight Lost and Measurements

Hi all! I have managed to lose another 5 pounds over the last 2 days. I'm so excited! This brings my total wieght loss so far to 50 lbs. I will reach my 12 week goal hopefully by week 9 which is next week. I only have 2.5 more pounds to go. I can't tell you how wonderful this is to me.

I will say though, that I'm still feeling absolutely huge. I know my clothing is lose and my shirt size has dropped but I'm still wearing the same size pants as I was 50 lbs. heavier. Now, my pants are loser but I'm not down to the next size yet. This is frustrating to me! Even though I've always known that I will lose a bunch on the top first...this is how things for me have always worked. Sigh! It'll come off but the bottom half will be slow coming.

To make myself feel better, I decided to measure myself for the first time since pre-op.

Here are my measurements before surgery:

June 3, 2011:
  • Waist:  53"
  • Hips:    56.5"
  • Chest:  45.5"
  • Arm:    15"
  • Thigh:  32.25"
  • Knee:   20"
  • Calf:     22"

    Today, August 16, 2011:
    • Waist:  47"
    • Hips:    53"
    • Chest:  42"
    • Arm:    14"
    • Thigh:  30"
    • Knee:   18"
    • Calf:     20.5"

      Differences from then to now:
      • Waist:   6"
      • Hips:     3.5"
      • Chest:   3.5"
      • Arm:    1"
      • Thigh:  2.25"
      • Knee:   2"
      • Calf:     1.5"

        Total inches lost so far:
        • 19.75"

        2 comments:

        1. Congrats! It really sounds like you are doing very well and working hard. Thanks for sending the manual. Oh my gosh...I opened it at work and I didn't want to stop reading it. I can't wait to print it out! Keep up the good work. Judy

          ReplyDelete
        2. Thanks Judy! And I'm so glad that helped you. I know for me, it is my go to for a lot of things and it definitely served me very well right after surgery. The Body Guide....lol....that's what it felt like. I didn't know how my body worked anymore so I had to refer to the Body Guide!

          ReplyDelete