Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nice Things Being Said

Tonight, my son had Awanas at church. Because of things that where going on, we missed the last 2 weeks. So it's been 3 weeks since I've seen a couple of friends. Well, tonight, as soon as I saw one friend, she immediately grabbed my jeans and started going on and on about how lose they are. Then she told me how wonderful I'm looking. She actually pointed out one of her friends about 2 months ago to me that had had the sleeve surgery a year or two ago and she was so wonderfully thin. You would have never known that she used to be an obese person. I had asked her about her other sleeved friend...you know, about how large she was and if she had had big legs like me. These are things I'm curious about because in all my many weight loss losing days, I was never able to achieve thin, beautiful legs....even when at one point, I'd got down to 130 lbs......my legs were still fat and it was noticeable. So, my friend was telling me about her. She said she was much larger than I was when she had the surgery and carried her weight on her bottom half mostly, just like me. This seemed promising that this surgery was the answer to those kind of problems. So tonight, while she was grabbing at my jeans, she said to me, "And you were worried about your legs, silly girl!" This made me feel awesome!

Then another friend which I hadn't seen in about 3 weeks either, came up and was telling me that she could tell that I'd lost some more and that I looked really good. What an awesome, wonderful feeling! 

Okay, one more nice thing that was said. This didn't have anything to do with the weight loss itself but it sure made me feel loved and adored by my hubby. We were talking about what happened right after surgery when the surgeon came to talk to him about me. My hubby told me he'd already told me this but I didn't remember. He said that when the surgeon came out to tell him that everything went well and to give him the pictures of the surgery...which by the way, if you haven't seen the pictures, go here. Anyways, he said that when he saw the pictures, he didn't know whether to shake his hand or to knock him out! Wow! He does love me after all! No, I knew he loved me but to hear things that he was thinking like that, it makes my heart skip a beat or two. You know men, they are never really too open about how they're really feel.

Have a blessed night!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny,
    I loved reading this blog about the lovely compliments from your friends and Hubby, it obviously made you feel so good and so loved. I had tried to send you a message after my op. but for some reason they wouldnt go through, I am so glad it is now back up and running, it was probably our system at work truth be known!
    Yes I have lost 55lbs so far, I find I still have my sweet tooth, is that the same for you, people told me I would lose the craving for sweet things but I havent. I had my first piece of meat the other night, a very small but very tasty lamb cutlet, it just melted in my mouth, I even managed a few little pieces of veges too. Keep inspiring us all. I hope one day to find a man who will love me as much as your Husband obviously does.
    God bless you.
    - Roslyn, Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Roslyn! Thank you for your sweet comments and thank you for saying that my blog is inspiring you. That makes me feel so warm inside.

    Sweet tooth? Well, yes, I do still have a sweet tooth but in a different way. My entire appetite changed after my surgery. Most of the time I'm not hungry and have to remind myself to eat. And most of the time I can turn away from a lot of sugary stuff but I do still love to have it. It's just that now I don't eat near as much and I don't worry if I have one little sugar thing here and there because the weight is still coming off and I didn't do this to suffer and never get to have anything yummy. :) I will tell you, too, that I have days...even weeks...were my hormones are all over the place and I'm constantly hungry and want everything. But at those times, it doesn't take much to satisfy that monster. Which is completely opposite of what I used to be like. Oh, and I had a huge problem with coffee, cream, and sugar. I recently changed from sugar to a chocolate sugar free syrup that I really enjoy. So now I can have my coffee without feeling guilty. I'm hoping to eventually do a post with pictures and opinions on things that I use quite often.

    Hang in there! I think maybe just the fact that you are just starting on "real" food, may have something to do with it. I know when I was at the point you are now, I was going nuts because I just wanted something that wasn't liquid or pureed.

    Ohhhhh, I just know you will meet the right man. My husband and I have been married for 10 years almost and of course, have had lots of ups and downs but he is my best friend.

    God bless you! And I really do hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete