Tuesday, December 6, 2011

23 Weeks Post-Op (Quick Update and Me Talking to Talk)

Hi all! This week has been the coldest week so far this fall...or soon to be winter. I'm so excited that Christmas will be here soon even though we are no where ready for it. I hope you all are doing wonderfully!

Okay, a super quick update on my weight. I've lost another 2 lbs. since my last update about a week ago. This brings me to 196 lbs. I'm very happy about this. Hopefully it will keep falling off.

I have to say that even though this journey hasn't been the easiest...you know, with the surgery and recovery...and the getting used to all the life changes.............I feel like the weight comes off with so little effort. As ashamed as I am, I haven't exercised much and I still get to eat some junky foods that if I'd even looked at before, I would have gained 10 lbs. just for the simple look. I do still get all my protein in and I try to get all my liquid in...which most days, I do. And I don't eat junky food every single day either but when I do, I feel as if I have this high metabolism that a naturally thin person has. I'm pretty sure I don't and maybe it's just the fact that I can't stuff myself silly even after I'm stuffed (you know, going back for seconds or thirds or for that matter, eating whatever it is all day long). And possibly because my appetite is almost nonexistent .... and when I do want something that's high carb, high calorie, high fat, and no protein, I'm satisfied with only a very small portion....especially compared to what I used to eat or drink. I don't have to tell myself that I need to stop...I just really and truly have no desire to eat another bite. I love this about the sleeve! I don't really know why I'm going on and on about this except to say that the sleeve is so wonderful and unlike any kind of diet I've ever done in my life. Oh wait a minute, this isn't a diet and doesn't feel like it either. Maybe that's why I love my sleeve so much! If I ever needed or if I could ever have it done again, knowing what I know now, I'd do the surgery again in a heart beat. I wouldn't think twice and I wouldn't worry like I did the first time. I would be begging the doctor to do it right away. And I don't think I'd have the buyer's remorse the second time around like I did the in the first month after surgery this time around. I'll stop with all that....REALLY, like I'll ever need it done again! Ha! lol I heart my sleeve!!!

And just to mention it, I don't have any left over problems that some surgeries have. I have no malabsorption problems, I have no food restrictions (except maybe raw celery...I think that's one that I can pass on...and maybe raw coconut...not something I eat much of anyways), no twinges or pains....really nothing. I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!!

16 comments:

  1. I don't have any intolerances either. I can drink milk & eat ice cream, all fruits & veggies and other foods that some people report diffulty with. I LOVE my sleeve too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lee Ann! I know, isn't it wonderful? All this sleeve love...I just love it!

    Have a blessed day! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny,
    I'm with you girls, I have no restrictions either although when I have to swallow my big vitamin pill I break it in half and feel a little uncomfortable waiting for it to go down!
    Keep telling everyone how good the sleeve is because I agree, it truly is the best thing I have ever done.
    Not sure I like the shrinking floppy skin under my chin but I am using heaps of moisturiser to minimise that. I used to have a saying about why I had no wrinkles "Fat dont crack" but sadly this is one of the prices to pay for losing weight but compared to being unhealthy and dying young it is worth it all.
    You wont believe it, after telling you how HOT it is in Australia at Christmas we have just had another day of 21 degrees, so we have now broken the record of the coldest summer so far in 51 years but I am enjoying the cool and being able to sleep easily with out tossing and turning trying to Get cool. Congratulations on another weight loss, you are amazing.
    God bless,
    - Roslyn, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so wonderful! I feel like you have this happiness just bubbling up in your soul and I"m so glad to hear it!

    When happiness like that strikes it's the most wonderful feeling in the world!

    And Wow! Another two pounds!! So proud of you! <3 <3 <3

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Roslyn! Don't worry, I'll keep telling everyone that will listen about the sleeve. I wish I had had it done years ago.

    Floppy skin...ugh! I'm not having a problem quite yet but I'm worried about what my legs will look like after all the weight comes off. I just have to grin and bear it if it is saggy. Eyes crossed! My arms a little flabby but not hanging.

    See, those temperatures seem warm to me right now. Ha! We woke up to 27 degrees F this morning. Ice on car windows and the water bowl for the dog was iced over. Of course, I'm in my 20 layers of clothing with the heat turned up...and my feet and hands are still cold. lol

    Have a blessed day!Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sarah! I feel very happy which I didn't used to. I still have my bad days although you're not seeing that in my pictures. I think getting my self esteem back has had a lot to do with my smile.

    Thank you about my weight loss. I hope it continues to fall off. It's so hard to believe I'm at this point. I honestly never thought I'd see these numbers.

    Have a very blessed day! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny, I am so glad to read about your successes. And thank you so much for continually putting my fears and concerns to rest. I so appreciate it. I loved your pictures from vacation. You look great. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Judy! Thanks for all the compliments! You're so encouraging.

    And you're welcome! I remember how it felt to go through what you've been going through. I just want you to know that it does get better. You will love your sleeve real soon, too.

    God bless! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I yet to meet another sleever who doesn't LOVE THEIR SLEEVE!! Actually, I did met one lady who had the band. Then she found MY surgeon and he revsised her to the sleeve. AND THEN REVISED HER TO THE RNY. She is finally losing. I don't think she followed the rules of the sleeve and wasn't happy with her loss. That is the only one out of literally hundreds I have met in person and online who love their sleeve. Glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sheila! I know what you mean. It seems like the only ones that don't like are the few that have had complications but then seem to go on later when they are well again and they love it.

    Thank you for your compliment! It looks like you're doing well too. Oh and I went and bought your brand of yogurt. Then I added a little bit of sugar free chocolate fudge pudding, sugar free chocolate and caramel syrup, and some walnuts. It was pretty good! Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Penny,
    we are gearing up for Christmas here and I am flat out at work but didnt want to miss the opportunity of wishing you all the best for the Christmas season. I wont have access to a computer until the 9th January so I will wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas, God bless you all and a wonderful Christmas to all the other wonderful sleevers who have shared their comments too.
    Hope Santa is good to you and God is even better:)
    - Roslyn, Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Roslyn! You are the sweetest! I also wish you and yours a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR, too! I will be looking forward to hearing about your Christmas when you get back.

    God bless you, too!

    Oh, just so you know, it was almost 70 degrees F here today and raining. What??? Where's our snow? It's almost Christmas! lol That's Texas for you.

    p.s. I've been too rotten for Santa! I think I may get coal this year! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. been a while, How is everything with you? Just busy with the Holidays? I'm hoping you are well! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Mikabelle!!! I'm doing pretty good. How about you? It's just been so crazy around here trying to get ready for Christmas. This past weekend we went out of town to see some of our family. And my hubby is home all week. I'm doing really good, I just haven't had time to jump on here. Thank you for asking. :) I hope you are doing well. Have a very Merry Christmas! God bless you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you are well!! I know well the craziness of getting ready for the holidays! Mother in law is spending the weekend, and I've been so tired after work this last week I just haven't done any cleaning yet lol.

    I threw my back out today but should be ok by the morning! Which will hopefully be in time to clean the house :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mikabelle!!! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I hope your back got better. You sound soooooo busy! Don't over do it!

    Maybe sometime this week I can get caught up reading your blog. Things have been so crazy around here! Tomorrow, I'll be cooking and going to my side of the family's get together. I don't think this will calm down until after New Years! Take care of yourself. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete