Thursday, December 29, 2011

27 Weeks Post Op (Quick Update and My Period)

Hi there! Well, not much has happened since this last Sunday. I've been doing too much relaxing, since this is our last week before school starts again...and basketball....and Awanas....and well, just life. lol So, yes, lots of "L~A~Z~Y" happening here folks. Oh well! It feels good not to have to rush here and there...and not having to really plan out schedules and such. I suppose you could say that I'm definitely enjoying this moment in time. 

Okay, so for the update. I've lost another pound since Sunday. This puts me at 192 lbs. My size 18 jeans are starting not to be too tight. They're almost just right. It's a good thing because not being able to breath when all buttoned and zipped up is not good. lol 

On another note, for some reason my hormones and my monthly periods....yes, periodSSSSS....are so stinking out of whack. I don't understand it. Normally, I would have a 25-26 day cycle. By the way, I have an app on my phone that helps me keep track of all this. So, I'm very in tune with my body. Anyways, not including this last cycle I went through but I'm talking about the 2 previous ones, I actually had 28 day cycles for both of them. Then the last cycle, I bled 2 weeks after my previous period for like 2 or 3 days (so, mid-cycle). I had very tender breast...okay, they hurt really bad! And oh my goodness, my mood swings were of the devil. It was a really bad month for me. I couldn't understand it and actually thought I might be pregnant. Well, that sure wasn't it. Two weeks after the break through bleeding, I had my period which fell at 25 days. Then instead of having the normal 3-5 day period, I had a 7-8 day period. What???? So here it is again, mid-cycle, and I'm having break through bleeding. This has never happened before with exception to the last cycle period. But this time, so far, no mood swings....no tender boobies. What is going on with me? Does anyone have any idea? It's been a little over 6 months since my surgery. I know all the changes make your body a little wacky but honestly, I thought I would have seen something like this months ago while my body was in total shock. How I eat, drink, and take vitamins and supplements has been pretty much the same now for a while. I can't think of anything that has changed drastically. I do have my annual with my ob/gyn in a week or so and I will bring this up to him then. Anyways, have any of you gone through something similar? Do you have any idea of why this is happening? It's bad enough that I have one period a month...but TWO! Come on! Help!....and help my poor family. They will go nuts right along with me. I'm hoping this is not a new normal. Ugh!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Your weight loss is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Penny!! I have similar issues with my body, since I started losing weight ( havne't had my surgery yet though) It's just about the losing weight at the moment, The body stores excess hormones in your fat, so when you lose that fat, those hormones are released, and omg they play havoc with your emotions, and your cycle! This month I lost 4 pounds and it was the most emotional moody month I've had all year. It will get better eventually, but for now, expect a roller coaster ride, and keep some Midol Teen on hand ( the only midol that helps correct my tude problems).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mia! That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Mikabelle! How are you? Thanks for chiming in here. I'm hoping that's whats going on. It's just so weird that it's just now happening. Well, I have lots of Midol...I just hate breaking the darn things in half. I suppose it's a small price to pay. I'd rather be shrinking and gaining an extra period every month than to have normal cycles and be Mrs. Puff! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is kind of odd. I would be more inclined to think this would happen closer to actual surgery instead of 6 months later. Def. bring it up to your OB. I hope it gets better next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sheila! I know, I'm thinking this is pretty odd myself. I'm definitely talking to my ob/gyn about it. I'm hoping it's what Mikabelle spoke about but since this is totally off key for my body and because it's so far out from surgery, it's definitely worth mentioning to my doc. Maybe I'll have something to report back here after I see him.

    Thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete