Sunday, December 25, 2011

26 Weeks Post Op (Update, Christmas, and Pictures)

Merry Christmas!!!! Wow, I can't believe it finally came and now it's practically gone. It always seems like it takes forever to get here and then in the few short weeks before Christmas, time starts to fly....THEN it's here...just like that. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We sure did! And yes, I've been eating all the things that I shouldn't. Oh well! I haven't weighed since about 3 days ago. I just couldn't. I don't feel like I've gained anything but just in case I did, I didn't want to see it. It would depress me too much. 

On that note, I will update you on my last weigh in. I'm now down to 193 lbs. Whoopee!!!! I love it! I finally got into my size 18 pants. They fit perfectly except when I sit down. Oh yeah baby, they're too tight in the waist when I do any type of bend. So the button has to give. Yes, I've been sitting down and when no one is looking I undo my button and sometimes unzip about a half inch and breath again. lol I've pretty much stopped wearing my size 20w pants because they are just falling off of me. I was frustrated because there should be an in-between size. I'm sure this will not be the first and last time this happens and I'm okay with that. It's a problem I'm glad to have. :)

So here are some very recent pictures ... all taken this last week. OH...OH...I forgot to tell you that I got my hair permed about 2 weeks ago. Let me tell you, it felt like an eternity waiting for the process to get done. My hair goes all the way down to my booty. It took around 120 rollers, 3 perms, and 5 hours to complete. Yes, you heard me right....5 hours! It's just now starting to relax a bit. I think I like it. My husband isn't a big fan of perms but he says it's pretty. And I've been receiving compliments from others so I don't think I look like a mop head....that's what I thought when I first got it. Naturally my hair is very straight and because I've lost quite a bit over the last couple of months, it thinned way down. It had no bounce or umph to it at all, I had to do something. Now, it has lots of body and it doesn't feel super thin to me anymore. Maybe I'll get my husband to take a picture of the back of it so you can see it a little better.

Okay, pictures! Oh and I also added some of the crafty things I've made in the last couple of weeks. I love to craft. I just wish I had more time to do it.


 

Our Christmas tree right after we decorated it.

I made this for my Granny to hang on her door. This was super easy and a lot of fun to make. Wood letter, pearl white acrylic paint, red and green yarn, red ribbon, green bells, and a hot glue gun! Simple!


This is a picture of my son when he was about 2 and a half. One of my favorites! Not quite as simple but not terribly hard. Very time consuming though. Wood, sander, tissue paper, Modge Podge, laser printer, and paint. I was going to give this as a gift to a family member but when it was all said and done, I was in love with it and couldn't let go of it. So I gifted myself! Thanks self!




 Here's the finished project. Sorry, these were taken with my phone.

I made this for my Dad. This is him and my son when my son was about 2 and a half. I used all the same materials and techniques as in the above picture. My dad loved it and asked me if a local artist had done it. I was shocked! My husband jumped in and said that I had created it. My dad told me I should take this up. He actually walked around to everyone and was showing them and bragging on me. I couldn't believe it! Oh, can you see the wood through the picture...I love this about it. If anyone wants to know how to make these, let me know...I would love to share!


3 comments:

  1. You and your Family look Beautiful!! And grats on the Craftiness! And the 193!! this is awesome news! I am so proud of you <3 This holiday season has seriously sped by, I wasn't prepared for it at all and I started getting ready 6 months ago! Nuts right?

    <3 Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love the hair, love the tree, love the cute S (hey that could be for Sheila!!!) and I adore the photos, yes please share how you made them, I wanna know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mikabelle and Sheila! Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you! Y'all are so incredibly sweet. You really know how to make a person feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

    Mikabelle~~I used to spend the whole year getting ready for Christmas. It made it less stressful but even with that, I was still running around right before Christmas all stressed out over something or another. lol Now, with less money and other factors, I mostly wait until the last minute and then save all the stress for those final weeks leading up to Christmas. I know, weird! Ha!

    Sheila~~I'll be making more of the wood pictures hopefully this week and maybe next. Would you like for me to just tell you...quick and sweet...or should I do a tutorial with pictures? It would be a great opportunity for me to do my first blog post on my "Sweet Crafts" blog, which I've had forever but never posted anything. What do you think?

    It was great hearing from both of you! Have a blessed day! Penny

    ReplyDelete