Thursday, October 27, 2011

18 Weeks Post Op (Only 4.5 Months Out and Have Met My 6 Month Goal)

I'm now 18 weeks post op (about 4.5 months) and have lost 76 lbs. as of this morning. You can't see me but I'm jumping up and down! I never thought I'd reach this point. What an awesome feeling! So my 6 month goal was to lose 75 lbs. Now, I'm past that and still have a month and a half until I reach 6 months. Wow! I heart my sleeve!!!!

Jeans! Ugh and awww! I'm happy because I'm moving down in sizes but you know how it is when one size is too big and the next size down is too small. So for right now, I'm stuck in baggy jeans! I'll take that! I'm inbetween size 18w and 20w. This is a great problem to have after so long having the problem of being to huge for my pants... suffering in tight, tight pants and refusing to buy anything larger....I hope those days are behind me.

Blood Test!!! I finally got the results and everything is awesome. The nurse practitioner told me that she wished she saw more results like mine, that they were the best she'd seen in a long time. When I went to see the doctor 3-4 weeks ago, I told him I was tired all the time. He told me that it could be an iron deficiency but unlikely. Then he proceeded to tell me that it was probably because my body was still healing and getting energy back and that that could take a long time. He told me at that point to order an iron supplement which I did and have been taking since. I've also started taking a Vitamin D-3 each day after his recommendation on that too. I have felt a lot better since then but it appears that all my levels were okay before I started the additional supplements. Just thought I'd mention it because I've read about others being unusually tired around this time, too.

Self-esteem!!! It's coming back! I really and truly feel so much better about myself even though I still have a long way to go. I had no self-esteem before surgery and was very, very depressed. I hated being in that sad dark place in life. I don't ever want to go back there.

2 comments: