Friday, October 21, 2011

17 Weeks Post Op (Pictures and Boy, It's Been Awhile Since I've Updated!)

I'm happy to say that I'm now down to 209 lbs. That's 71 lbs. lost so far. I'm so excited about that! It seems unreal. It has been almost 10 years since my hubby and I wed. The day we married, I weighed 205 lbs. This really just blows my mind! And the most awesome part of it is that I'm not done losing. YaY!

So, not much has been going on lately. I've struggled a few times with not eating too many carbs. I'm fine now but I had like a week were they were calling my name. It must have been hormones or something. I was dealing with some depression issues that week too. So who knows! Sigh! Another struggle is just having any kind of appetite. Nothing sounds good at all! Sometimes I'm fine with that but sometimes is makes me sad and I feel like I live on vitamins. Most days I drink a lot of skim milk....very easy way to get my protein and liquid. I'll eat nuts, jerky, chicken....I know, not much variety. Sometimes I'm frustrated because I know that I can't eat much in one sitting so it's easier to go to something that is easy and quick. I will normally eat a little bit of what I cook in the evening for my family but even then I feel like my taste buds are super picky. Well, I suppose this is an awesome problem to have compared to the problem of not being able to control my intake before surgery.

Okay, I told you I would try to get a full body shot on here sometime. Here it is! I took my son to Lone Star History Days at Heritage Park in Dallas. It's not the best picture ever but it will give you an idea of where I'm at right now.

Now
Friday, October 14, 2011: 210 lbs. ~~~I still look huge but at least not like I did 4-5 months ago.


Before

 
This shirt and pants now hang on me. And see my feet overflowing my shoes...well, now these shoes are lose on me.

I thought this was funny because you can actually see  me yanking my poor son over in front of me! I know, sad!

This shirt completely hangs lose around me and these pants practically fall off. They were size 24w and now I'm in a size 20w.




2 comments:

  1. Great job! My taste buds go back n forth at times too, especially in the beginning they were bad, nothing ever sounded good or tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! Yeah, taste buds are still being contrary.

    ReplyDelete