Thursday, March 29, 2012

40 Weeks Post Op (And yes, I'm still alive!)

Oh boy! I hope I still have some followers out there. So sorry, I hope I haven't let anyone down. I've missed talking to my blogging friends. :(  Hope you're still there!

Though I've missed blogging, I've needed the break. We recently purchased some land and a home. The home has needed a bit of work before we could even consider moving into it. So, after an hour drive one way there and then an hour back AND all the work we were doing while we were down there...I was just too tired to even think of blogging. We've made so many trips back and forth AND I'm still schooling my son AND we've been passing around some kind sick...sigh! We are almost to the finish line though! I have a lot ahead of me over this next week or so but our plans are to move a week from this coming Saturday. YaY!!!!

I will tell you that I haven't been real religious about weighing myself lately. I suppose with everything going on, I just haven't made that a major priority. I know I'm not gaining and for the moment that's good enough for me. I WILL get back to it though hopefully real soon. The last time I weighed, sometime last week, I was down to 178 lbs. I'm in awe of it! That means that I have so far lost a total of 102 lbs. And the most exciting thing for me is that I'm not done! Big, HUGE smile!!!!

Now, for some NIVs! I've been mowing the lawn. This is something that I haven't done in probably 20 years. One, I was way out of shape. Two, I didn't want anyone watching me. And three, I was way out of shape! lol  I didn't think I would enjoy it but to my surprise, I loved it! It felt so freeing and so awesome that I could not only handle be that physical but that I couldn't wait to get out there again and again.

Another NIV! You know, way early on...somewhere back in my long ago post....I talked about my bottom half being my main problem. I talked about having huge legs that no matter how or how much weight I'd lost in the past, it just never seemed to change the shape of my legs. They would get smaller but still look really fat. Well, I'm losing different this time. I don't know why! All I know is that my legs are slowly slimming up. They're changing shape! My pants no longer suffocate my legs. I'm so happy about this.

And another NIV! I wore shorts for the first time in about 15 years. Yes, neither my husband or son had ever seen me in shorts. I wasn't sure about it at first but when my husband and son gave me compliments, I just couldn't believe it. It feels so liberating! As if I've finally been let out of big leg pants jail! I haven't worn them in public yet and nor do I plan on it anytime soon but I do see it in the future which is something I would have never dreamed of before.

AND another NIV! My thighs don't rub together any more! Love, love this one!

Okay folks, that's all I can think of right now. Miss y'all!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go on these great things!! That is so exciting and awesome!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being let out of leg pant jail! Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! love the legs not rubbing together anymore...those are some of the things that make it worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete